THE TOMORROW WAR STARRING CHRIS PRATT
LAUNCHING EXCLUSIVELY WORLDWIDE ON AMAZON PRIME VIDEO ON JULY 2, 2021
The Sci-Fi Action Tentpole from Skydance and Director Chris McKay also stars Yvonne Strahovski, Betty Gilpin, Sam Richardson, Edwin Hodge, and Academy Award-winner
CULVER CITY, California – April 7, 2021 – Amazon Studios has acquired worldwide rights to Skydance Media’s The Tomorrow Warfrom director Chris McKay and starring Chris Pratt, who also executive produced. The global sci-fi actioner will launch exclusively on Prime Video in over 240 countries and territories on July 2, 2021.
In The Tomorrow War, the world is stunned when a group of time travelers arrive from the year 2051 to deliver an urgent message: Thirty years in the future mankind is losing a global war against a deadly alien species. The only hope for survival is for soldiers and civilians from the present to be transported to the future and join the fight. Among those recruited is high school teacher and family man Dan Forester (Pratt). Determined to save the world for his young daughter, Dan teams up with a brilliant scientist (Yvonne Strahovski) and his estranged father (J.K. Simmons) in a desperate quest to rewrite the fate of the planet.
“The Tomorrow War will be a global event that will surprise and delight our customers around the world,” said Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios. “Director Chris McKay has brilliantly crafted this unique, action-packed sci-fi escape that will keep audiences on the edge of their seats and tug on their heartstrings with its father-daughter storyline. We couldn’t be happier to continue our relationship with Chris Pratt—who brings such dynamic star power to the film—along with David Ellison and the Skydance team, as we share this exciting film with fans.”
“I’m so proud of this incredible cast and crew who worked under challenging circumstances to create a unique, original sci-fi action movie… something that’s increasingly rare. Watching this team of actors and artisans effortlessly blend action, horror, comedy, and drama was a dream come true for me … and I hope will thrill audiences this summer,” said director Chris McKay.
“It is fantastic to once again partner with Amazon to release another film from the Skydance canon,” said Skydance CEO David Ellison. “Jen and the marketing team have had great success in making film premieres on the Amazon platform must-see events and with Chris Pratt headlining, everything goes up to another level.”
The Tomorrow War also stars Yvonne Strahovski, Betty Gilpin, Sam Richardson, Edwin Hodge, and Academy-Award winner J.K. Simmons. Directed by Chris McKay and written by Zach Dean, the film was produced by David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, Don Granger, Jules Daly, David Goyer, and Adam Kolbrenner. Executive producers are Rob Cowan, Chris Pratt, Brian Oliver, and Bradley J. Fischer with Samantha Nisenboim serving as co-producer. The movie is from Amazon Studios, Skydance, and Paramount Pictures in association with New Republic Pictures.
Pratt recently appeared in the record-breaking Avengers: End Game that grossed over $2.7 billion worldwide, which was a follow up to Avengers: Infinity War, grossing more than $2 billion at the global box office. Pratt also starred in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy franchise, with the first installment grossing over $770 million at the global box office in 2014; Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2trounced every other film that opened in the summer of 2017 by surpassing $860 million worldwide. Pratt headlined Jurassic World—the seventh highest-grossing film of all time—in 2015, and he returned to his role as Owen in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom in June 2018. Recently, Pratt wrapped production on the franchise’s third installment, Jurassic World: Dominion, slated for release in June 2022.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports— all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
- Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series and sports, including Thursday Night Football, award-winning Amazon Originals, and other exclusives. Enjoy hits like Coming 2 America, The Boys, One Night in Miami…, Sound of Metal, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Sylvie’s Love, Upload, and My Spy, plus Emmy award-winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Golden Globe award-winners Borat Subsequent MovieFilm and Small Axe. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
- Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like CBS All Access, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.tv, STARZ and SHOWTIME—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.
Chris Pratt, Yvonne Strahovski, Betty Gilpin, Sam Richardson, Edwin Hodge, and Academy Award-winner
Coming to AMAZON PRIME on July 2, 2021