Launching November 20th To Coincide with the Premiere of the Amazon Original Series ‘The Pack,’ Dog Lovers and
Their Four-Legged Friends are Invited to Participate in Dog-Friendly Festivities, Support Local Businesses and Charitable Organizations and Compete for a Chance to Win the Adventure of a Lifetime
Full Event Details for the Phoenix Area at PackedWeekend.com
PHOENIX, AZ – November 17, 2020 – What if, just for one weekend, the Valley of the Sun honored the unmatched bond between humans and dogs with a weekend unlike any other? To celebrate the premiere of The Pack on November 20th, Amazon Prime Video has created the ultimate holiday for dogs and the people who love them: an extraordinary PACKED WEEKEND, offering one-of-a-kind, pup-centric experiences in the Phoenix-metro area. This global celebration, running Friday, November 20th through Sunday, November 22nd, invites everyone and their pets to experience pampering, exciting activities, and a way to help support local businesses.
Beginning Friday, November 20th, local businesses will offer giveaways, discounted or free services, surprise pup-grades, and gifts with purchase throughout PACKED WEEKEND! Be on the lookout in your neighborhood for discounts at retailers like My Pet Market (7 Valley locations) and Noble Beast: Natural Market for Pets, a free gift with purchase at Mucho Más Art Studio, discounted grooming services for new customers at AZ Mobile Spaws and many other perks! To complete this jam-PACKED WEEKEND, Prime Video will be hosting a drive-in, dog-friendly viewing party of the first two episodes of The Pack at Edelweiss Biergarten. For a list of confirmed activities and giveaways in Phoenix, see below – and remember to check back with PackedWeekend.com regularly as new brands and delights are being added every day.
The PACKED WEEKEND fun continues with the PACK WALK CHALLENGE, a global opportunity to get moving with your pup. Starting Friday, November 20th, everyone can use MapMyFitness or MyFitnessPal apps from Under Armour to participate in “20 Workouts in 30 Days” or “30 Miles in 30 Days” (depending on the app) to help us achieve the largest global pack walk ever, while helping you and your pet stay healthy and strong! During the course of the PACK WALK CHALLENGE, pet parents are encouraged to donate to three worthy charitable organizations right in the app –The American Heart Association’s Healthy Bond for Life, Environmental Defense Fund, and Best Friends Animal Society– to spotlight their own health, that of the planet and to help every dog live their best life. And, to honor the spirit of charity at the heart of The Pack, Prime Video will generously match consumer donations up to $100,000 (split evenly among the charities) for a 24-hour window beginning November 21st. After completing the Challenge, eligible participants will have the chance to win a prize package, including roundtrip travel for four anywhere Alaska Airlines flies. Fans everywhere can get pumped up with a playlist curated exclusively for the PACK WALK CHALLENGE from Amazon Music.
Even athletes are getting in on the action! Arizona Cardinals’ Kenyan Drake and Pittsburgh Steelers’ Juju Smith-Schuster will be welcoming viewers into their lives and homes for an all-access, day-in-the-life look. In advance of the show’s premiere, we get a dog’s view into the lives of these fan favorites, shown via the athlete’s social media. Athletes will also share the heartwarming stories of how they became a pet parent, the best place they’ve traveled to together, their favorite pastimes, and the emotional connections they share, just like the stories featured in The Pack. Follow along on Instagram with Kenyan Drake, Maxine and Tyson at @kdx32 and Juju Smith-Schuster and Boujee at @juju and @boujee.
In addition to the paw-some experiences available in cities throughout the world, PACKED WEEKEND will take over Phoenix with can’t miss experiences and delights from these dog-loving brands:
- Noble Beast: Natural Market for Pets – Offering 20% off any dog car harness or carrier 11/20-11/22. In addition, the first 25 people who make a purchase for their dog each day (11/21 & 11/22 only) and mention The Pack will receive a FREE bag of Sedona Naturals Liver Chips while supplies last. 1005 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85014.
- Colados – Colados Avondale and Goodyear locations will offer a free “puppucino” for your pooch, with any coffee purchase all PACKED WEEKEND! A puppucino is a cup of whipped cream, just for your dog! While supplies last.
- Chaparral Veterinary Medical Clinic – Offering a FREE exam with the purchase of vaccinations and 50% off of dog anal gland expressions and toenail trims, all PACKED WEEKEND, 11/20-11/22. 32100 N Cave Creek Rd, Cave Creek, AZ 85331.
- My Pet Market – Offering 50% off all holiday items all weekend (11/20-11/22) and the first 10 people in each store on Saturday, 11/21, who make any dog-related purchase and mention The Pack, will receive a free gift with purchase! For a list of Arizona stores participating, visit: https://www.mypetmarket.com
- Mucho Más Art Studio – The first 10 people each day (11/21 & 11/22) who make a purchase and mention The Pack will receive a FREE ceramic dog bowl, hand-crafted & hand-painted by Kathy Cano-Murillo herself! 1736A E McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85006.
- Edelweiss Biergarten – Hosting a viewing party for The Pack for dogs and their humans on the patio! The viewing party will be held on Friday, November 20th from 4pm-7pm. They are also offering 10% off your entire bill, all weekend 11/20-11/22, if you bring your dog! 2625 E Bell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85032.
- AZ Mobile Spaws – NEW customers will receive a 15% discount off their first appointment booking during PACKED WEEKEND, 11/20-11/22. In addition, anyone who wants to try their pet waste removal service will get a free first visit. 480-399-3789.
- Puppy Luv Animal Rescue Thrift Store – 25% off any item in the shop during Packed Weekend, 11/20-11/22. 7171 E Cave Creek Rd # P, Cave Creek, AZ 85331.
- The Creek Patio Grill – On Saturday, 11/21, patrons can receive a FREE “puppucino” (cup of whipped cream) for their dog, with any purchase, courtesy of The Pack! While supplies last. 28244 N Tatum Blvd, Cave Creek, AZ 85331.
- Rockstar Rescue – Visit Rockstar Rescue on Facebook @RockstarRescueAZ during PACKED WEEKEND, 11-20-11/22, to learn how you can enter for a chance to receive waived adoption fees for one of their Rockstar dogs, courtesy of The Pack!
- Flash and Hound Pet Photography – Visit Flash and Hound Pet Photography on Facebook @FlashandHound during PACKED WEEKEND, 11-20-11/22, to enter for a chance to win a 45-minute pet photography session giveaway, courtesy of The Pack!
- Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star will offer complimentary gift wrapping at Fashion Square Mall, and will distribute dog bandanas over PACKED WEEKEND while supplies last.
To find out how you can take advantage of these local and nationwide offerings, and for a complete list of paw-ticipating brands, visit PackedWeekend.com.
Local events will be conducted in compliance with local COVID-19 safety guidelines and regulations.
About THE PACK
The Pack, is a new global unscripted series that celebrates the unrivaled bond between dogs and their human companions. Hosted by gold medalist Lindsey Vonn and her canine co-host Lucy, the series features twelve teams of dogs and their humans on an epic adventure across multiple continents. The Amazon Original series The Pack will premiere on November 20th, on Amazon Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories.
At stake is a life-changing $750,000 for the winning duo and their charity, with $500,000 going to the winners and $250,000 for the animal charity of their choice. Additionally, The Pack donated $250,000 during filming to multiple charities and animal rescue organizations in each country, helping to pay it forward to dogs and those who love them around the world. To win the monetary prize for themselves and their charity, the teams will have to depend on their understanding of one another’s strengths and weaknesses and prove to have the strongest bond in the pack. In each locale, the human and dog duos will face fun and exciting challenges, designed in concert with a team of accredited veterinarians and certified dog experts that also accompany the group on their exciting journey, making sure it is a positive experience for everyone.
Prime members will be able to stream The Pack exclusively via the Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at www.amazon.com/originals. Members will also be able to download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. The series is a global release and available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 240 countries and territories.
Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime. For a list of all Prime Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.