IN A NUTSHELL:
The movie follows a group of characters as their paths intersect over the course of an evening at a restaurant in Los Angeles.
The film was written and directed by Mukunda Michael Dewil.
THINGS I LIKED:
- Jim Gaffigan! He’s an unexpected member of the cast. I love his stand-up comedy. He has been in a few movies in dramatic roles in recent years, and does a fine job in this movie, although I just want to laugh when I see him. Poor guy…he was stuck in a car for the entire movie.
- Other cast members feature Ryan Phillippe, model/singer Kat Graham, Aisha Dee, Drea de Matteo, Dylan Flashner, Sky Liam Patterson, and David Cade.
- Collide is the name of the restaurant but it also describes what happens in these characters’ stories.
- What is the name of that cool-looking flower/plant on the restaurant table? Does anyone know?
THINGS I DIDN’T LIKE:
- It’s a little slow-moving as we wait to see what happens with each storyline.
- It’s frustrating that most of the problems in the various stories are blamed on the White Man.
- The CGI looked super fake.
- The ending didn’t show us exactly what happened to everyone involved. We just have to assume certain things.
- Some of the dialogue is heavy-handed.
- The plot lines are often ridiculous.
TIPS FOR PARENTS:
- Profanity and F-bombs
- Sound effects from an affair on a tape
- Talk of murder
- Talk and images of cocaine.
- Living in the past
You can see the full review on the Movie Review Mom YouTube channel.